School Biscuit Bake!
The brilliant pupils at Langley Fitzhurse school in Wiltshire put their aprons on and got baking for dolphins recently.
Hercules Class made whale and dolphin-shaped biscuits which they sold to raise £22.10 for WDC. A HUGE big thank you to them!
The school had previously got involved in our origami campaign to help captive dolphins, and we'd visited last September to give a talk at one of their assemblies.
If you would like to follow their lead, here's a simple recipe you could try. Make sure an adult is around to help, especially with the oven!
500g plain flour
250g butter or margarine
140g icing sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 2.5.
- Place the flour, butter and sugar in a bowl. Rub together with your fingers until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the vanilla extract and a little milk until the mixture sticks together.
- Combine together to form a dough. Put it in the fridge for half an hour or so.
- Place on a floured surface and roll out to about 5mm thick. Cut out your shapes and place on a baking tray with some baking parchment.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool and harden.