Scottish Dolphin Centre, Spey Bay
There is so much to see and do at the Scottish Dolphin Centre no matter what the weather and admission is free!
On offer daily and throughout the season:
Daily Walks and tours
Land-based dolphin watching
Join us 7 days a week on the hour every hour from 11am – 5pm and help us spot the largest bottlenose dolphins in the world!
The Dry Dive
Tour times: 11:15am and 4:15pm (April 1st - October 30th - Times vary during winter opening hours).
Under the historic stone arches of the Ice House, enter into the extraordinary environment that is Spey Bay. This unique audio-visual installation, shot in and around the bay, reveals the exciting and beautiful life both above and below the water.
The thrilling guided experience takes you from the airy sunlit world of the river, down into the sea’s depths, to see the world from a dolphin’s eye. Birds clamour above, jellyfish drift like ghosts, dolphins and porpoises dart about. You might even see the UK’s largest fish, the basking shark. All without even getting your feet wet!
Tour the UK's biggest Icehouse
It's free but donations are extremely welcome.
Tour times: 12:15pm and 3:15pm (April 1st - October 30th - Times vary during winter opening hours). Join our tours and:
· See and touch our fantastic collection of huge whale bones from the local area.
· Experience the stunning natural environment and wildlife above the River Spey and take a Dry dive beneath the waves of the Moray Firth to see the marvels that live below the surface.
· Discover the history of salmon fishing and the importance of the UK's largest surviving icehouse.
As well as dolphins we are treated to sightings of a wide variety of other amazing wildlife, including seals, ospreys, ducks and maybe otters.
Tour time: 2:15pm (Weather dependent April 1st - October 30th - Times vary during winter opening hours).
Entry is free but donations are extremely welcome and help to support Whale and Dolphin Conservation.
· Use our wildlife cameras - DOLPHIN CAM and RIVER CAM from the comfort of the Centre
· Check out our latest wildlife sightings
· Binocular and kid's backpack hire - Listen to the sounds of the sea
· Kids colouring table, giant jigsaws and more!
Check out our very latest sightings of dolphins, ospreys, seal, gannet, otters and much more on our sightings board. You can also follow us on twitter @dolphinsighting.
Use our calendar and find out more about events, walks and talks at the Scottish Dolphin Centre.
Cafe and shop
Browse our beautiful selection of gifts, books, cosmetics and toys in the shop or treat yourself and your family to a relaxing lunch or coffee and freshly baked cake in the centre café. View our full cafe menu.
Volunteers are vital to the work of the Scottish Dolphin Centre. Find out how you can get involved by calling 01343 820339.
Where to stay
For local accommodation, within walking distance of Spey Bay take a look at The Rest B&B.