Scottish Dolphin Centre - Residential Volunteers
Resident volunteers join us on a full-time basis between February and October. We are currently recruiting for positions in 2015 (see below for details).
Volunteers are an essential part of the WDC Scotland team and play a vital role in our work. Your hard work and support help towards our vision of a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free.
What’s in it for you?
- Make a positive difference to marine conservation
- Environmental interpretation and education experience
- Project management
- Events organisation
- Research experience
- Based in a beautiful location with a huge variety of wildlife, including dolphins!
- Build skills and experience for a career change
We also provide:
- Free onsite accommodation in an area of outstanding natural beauty
- £30 weekly food budget per person
- Training and support
- Mileage expenses
Guide and Event Volunteer – Your time will be divided between engaging with/guiding visitors at the Scottish Dolphin Centre and working closely with the Centre co-ordinator delivering the events programme at the centre and in the local area.
- 4 month residential role running from Monday 1st June – Wednesday, September 30th 2015
- Deadline for applications 5pm, Friday 24th April 2015
- Interviews preferably via Skype, w/c Monday 27th April 2015
Find out more and apply.
I volunteered as the guide and education volunteer in 2011. As a Zoology graduate with a keen desire to get involved with conservation work, the placement was ideal. I absolutely loved my time at Spey Bay.
"My workload was varied, stimulating and ultimately rewarding. I put a lot into my role and got lots out of it. I was treated like a member of staff and given freedom to add my own style to my work. I gained confidence in myself, and with my new and improved CV gained employment in the conservation sector within 4 months of leaving Spey Bay. The whole experience was amazing!"
Mairi Cowan, former WDC Scottish Dolphin Centre volunteer now working for RSPB.