Scottish Dolphin Centre - Residential Volunteers
Resident volunteers join us on a full-time basis between February and October. We are currently recruiting for positions in 2015 (see below for details).
Volunteers are an essential part of the WDC Scotland team and play a vital role in our work. Your hard work and support help towards our vision of a world where every whale and dolphin is safe and free.
What’s in it for you?
- Make a positive difference to marine conservation
- Environmental interpretation and education experience
- Project management
- Events organisation
- Research experience
- Based in a beautiful location with a huge variety of wildlife, including dolphins!
- Build skills and experience for a career change
We also provide:
- Free onsite accommodation in an area of outstanding natural beauty
- £30 weekly food budget per person
- Training and support
- Mileage expenses
Guide and Events Volunteer – Are you an excellent communicator, keen to inspire all ages? Or looking to gain valuable experience in conservation and events organisation? Or are you passionate about wildlife?
Guide and Education Volunteer – Do you want to inspire and educate all ages? Or are looking to gain valuable experience to work in education and conservation? Or are you passionate about the natural world?
Guide and Conservation Volunteer – Are you keen to get the experience needed to work in conservation and research programmes? Or are you passionate about the environment and inspiring others to care?
- 8 months residential role running from Monday 23rd February 2015 – Sunday November 1st 2015
- Deadline for applications 5pm, Monday 12th January 2015
- Interviews preferably via Skype, w/c Monday 19th January 2015
I volunteered as the guide and education volunteer in 2011. As a Zoology graduate with a keen desire to get involved with conservation work, the placement was ideal. I absolutely loved my time at Spey Bay.
"My workload was varied, stimulating and ultimately rewarding. I put a lot into my role and got lots out of it. I was treated like a member of staff and given freedom to add my own style to my work. I gained confidence in myself, and with my new and improved CV gained employment in the conservation sector within 4 months of leaving Spey Bay. The whole experience was amazing!"
Mairi Cowan, former WDC Scottish Dolphin Centre volunteer now working for RSPB.